Feeling down about the impending processed cheese shortage?
Pastoral's got you covered with our favorite recipe for ooey-gooey game-day dip! Order the ingredients online, then add your favorite beer!
- 8 oz. Big Ed cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Widmer's 1 Year Cheddar, shredded
- 4 oz. Chorizo Espanol, peeled & finely chopped
- 6 oz. Your Favorite Beer
- Over medium heat, fry the chorizo until just crisping up, about 5 minutes
- Discard the excess fat from the chorizo; leave the chorizo in the pan, but reserve 1 - 2 Tablespoons for garnish
- Turn the heat down very low and add the shredded cheeses to the pan, gently stirring to prevent sticking
- Keep the pan on very low heat;when the cheese has barely melted, add about half of the beer & stir until incorporated
- Add half of the remaining beer & stir until incorporated
- Add the rest of the beer & stir until incorporated & smooth
- Pour into serving dish immediately & garnish with reserved chorizo crumbles and herbs, if desired.
- Serve warm with bread, crackers, chips or tortillas
**Remember to keep the heat on very low after you add the cheese. Overheating it will cause separation & clumping.
**Stir constantly while the pan is over direct heat
**Keep warm for best results